Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Recalling The Assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy

 Tuesday November 22nd, 2022

 

My Dear America:

Today is November 22nd

For many years that date used to mean something special to the American people.  

Today, however it is just another date on the calendar.  

That is understandable actually.  We are so full of wondering what is happening in our own present time on this day and every day that it is difficult for many people to understand the incredible impact that the death of President John F Kennedy had on the lives of the American people on November 22nd of 1963.  It was the day that Americans woke up to the reality that dark forces were on the loose in America and in the world and we had better face up to it.  

JFK, as most Americans called him, was young, far younger than President's had been in the past.  He was as handsome as a movie star and his family was just as interesting and fascinating as he was.  His wife, Jackie and his children, Caroline and John John were as photogenic as Jack was.  The American People had fallen in love with Jack Kennedy and his family and on the afternoon of November 22nd when shots rang out in Dealy Plaza in Dallas, Texas most Americans felt as though they had not only lost a President but they also felt as though they had lost a close member of their family.

Certainly Americans had felt a closeness to Presidents before and after Jack Kennedy but there was something very different and special about JFK.  We not only liked him.  We loved him.  

I still vividly recall standing in the King's College Bookstore in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania on a Friday with what seemed like hundreds of my fellow students listening to a radio station being piped in on the school's Public Address system.  No one was talking.  No one was saying a word.  And then suddenly, like a knife in the heart the terrifying words came over the loudspeaker.

"President Kennedy is dead," the Radio Newsman announced.

At first we all just shrieked in unison.  Then one by one we all left the bookstore like a wave of zombies let loose and wandering about aimlessly.  I remember writing a song about "JFK" sometime that weekend that I still sing occasionally.  The one other thing that I remember about that weekend was sitting in the TV Room in my college dorm on Sunday watching television as Lee Harvey Oswald, the man who was identified as Kennedy's killer by the Dallas police, was being transferred from the Dallas Police Department to another location.

I watched with excitement as a stocky man with a pistol darted out of the crowd and shot Oswald.  I cheered as I watched the only true life murder that I had ever seen before on television.  It was a horrific sight.  but not to me.  I thought it was great that the man who had killed Kennedy had just now met the same fate as JFK.  

It was a feeling that I would come to regret in later years as I spent a lot of time reading and studying everything I could get my hands on concerning the Kennedy Assassination.  

There is certainly no shortage of materials to study about the JFK Assassination.  There have been books, magazine articles, Television shows and movies exploring the fascinating and intricate facts about the JFK Assassination.  I am surely not done with reading and studying about it.

I even wrote a Novel about the subject called "The Man On The Grassy Knoll, The Assassins," which I thought might be the first volume of a series. I've given up on the series, however, for a lot of reasons. Although my Novel was a work of fiction I did try to incorporate some interesting facts that I had learned in my JFK Assassination Research.

Although I can't verify everything that I included in my novel to be absolutely true facts (Hence the Novel) I did become convinced over the course of my study of the JFK Assassination that the following facts were probably true.

Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby knew each other before the Assassination.

Some of the Convicted Watergate Burglars including E Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis were involved not only with the CIA and Watergate but also with the JFK Assassination.

Certain Rogue members of the CIA, including Hunt and Sturgis were involved in carrying out the Assassination of JFK under the guidance and leadership of Lyndon Johnson 

Lyndon Johnson had an associate named Mac Wallace who was accused of committing murders in Texas at the behest of Lyndon Johnson.

There are many other interesting and shocking facts about the JFK Assassination and anyone interested in reading "The Man On The Grassy Knoll" can find paperback copies available for sale on Amazon.com and E Book copies available on Amazon.com and on Smashwords.com

I would also like to recommend the many books written by Mark Lane, who along with many others spent his life chasing the JFK Assassination Story.

The Oliver Stone directed film, "JFK" is also an interesting fact filled tale of the strangeness surrounding the Assassination of President Kennedy. 

There is much about the Assassination of John Kennedy that bears looking into.  I found it interesting that the person who determined who would determine what was true and what was not true about the Kennedy Assassination through the Warren Commission was Lyndon Johnson.  Most of the members of the Warren Commission were friends of Johnsons and not particularly close to Kennedy. There has been a great deal of suspicion over the years regarding the validity of the Warren Commission Report especially with regard to whether or not Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.  

In my judgement I think that it is ridiculous at this point to think that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in killing John Fitzgerald Kennedy.  Although not much was heard from Oswald before he was done away with by a man with ties to the mob in the Dallas Police Department Oswald was heard to say very loudly to anyone who would listen that he was a "Patsy."  To my mind that is exactly who he was and apparently still is.


Sincerely Yours

Jerry Gallagher 


No comments: