Thursday, May 23, 2019

Lets Go Joe - To Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio

Thursday, May 23rd, 2019


My Dear America:

Joe Biden has been leading the ever expanding pack of Democrats vying for their Party's Nomination for President since before the first of many Democratic Candidates announced.  Bernie Sanders has also been a friendly Contender of Joe's in the race for the White House.  Bernie, like most of the Democratic Presidential Hopefuls has only had nice things to say about Joe Biden.  I believe that this will continue to be the case.  Bernie ran a campaign against Hillary Clinton in 2016 that certainly emphasized their policy differences but Bernie, to his everlasting credit, never made any personal attacks on Mrs. Clinton and at the Democratic Convention did everything he could to encourage his supporters to support Hillary in the final months of the 2016 Election Campaign, including campaigning for and with Hillary.

Although I have been personally concerned for awhile about the large numbers of Democrats competing for their party's Nomination, It has become clear to me that far from being a negative aspect of the 2020 Presidential Campaign, the high quality of the Candidates will help to press home the Democratic message to Americans all over the country.

As long as the Candidates continue to run high quality, non backbiting campaigns which can and will end in November of next year with a United Democratic Party we can all hope to see the end of the reign of King Donald in January of 2021.

There are many fine Democratic Candidates for President presently running for their party's Presidential Nomination.  Only One will win, and it increasingly looks as though that One will probably be Joe Biden.

Although Joe had thrown his hat in the ring some time prior to last Saturday, May 18th, Joe B. had a large rally in Philadelphia this past Saturday announcing that he was in the race for good and was looking forward to advocating the concept of Unity in America as the cornerstone of his Campaign for President, in direct opposition to King Donald and his campaign to divide and conquer the American electorate in 2020.

I was very pleased to see my Daughter, Laura's pictures on Facebook of the Biden Rally and I am very proud of her attending the Rally.  My wife and I watched the Biden Rally on Television and were pleased to see it on CNN and 
C Span, although the poor sound quality made it difficult to hear everything that Joe B. was saying to his large Philadelphia crowd.  Joe's wife, Jill Biden, introduced Joe to the crowd and was clearly up to the task of introducing her husband.  She was gracious and articulate and strikingly attractive.  Joe was also up to the task of giving a Great Campaign Kickoff Speech, as well.

Although I feel rather badly about all of the high quality Presidential Contenders who are going to be spending a lot of money and time promoting themselves and not winning the Nomination for President, I think that we Democrats are lucky to have so many top shelf individuals willing to put themselves forth in an effort to eventually lead our country.  However, in the race for the American Presidency there can only be one winner at a time.

Policy wise I find myself in total agreement and in true Admiration of Candidate Bernie Sanders. I feel,however, that even at this point in time it is so important for Democrats not to blow this next Presidential Election that I must say that although my heart belongs to Bernie, my vote next year will belong to Joe Biden.

There are many reasons that I will be supporting Joe Biden for President in 2020.  

One reason is that, like Joe Biden, I spent my early years in Scranton, Pennsylvania after being born in the same year as Biden.  I left Scranton a little later than Biden but Scranton will always be my Hometown, despite the fact that I have not lived there for more than fifty years.   I also love the state of Delaware, in Particular the Rehobeth Beach area where my wife and I have vacationed many times.

Another Reason that I will be voting for Biden is the fact that he has been in Congress for a long time and always had a reputation for not only being a Nice Guy, but also being a Smart Guy.  I still remember Joe B. advocating before the Iraq war a policy of partitioning the country and giving certain ethnic groups their own portion of the country to live in.  After the disastrous Iraq war in which countless lives were lost, the end result of the war was a policy that partitioned off the country of Iraq, just as Joe Biden had suggested years before. 

Joe Biden was also a very successful Vice President, many times using his charm and his contacts to help President Barack Obama smooth out matters of policy with Congressional leaders, as well as individual Senators and Members of Congress, when the going got tough for the Obama Administration.  Joe Biden was always a valuable member of the Obama Team and a man who was also a true friend, as well as Vice President to Barack Obama.

Certainly a politician who has been in office for as long as Joe Biden has some problem areas to address.  

Biden seems to be at least trying to apologize and make up for the fact that Anita Hill has called into question Biden's leadership in the disastrous Senate Judiciary Committee hearing regarding Supreme Court Justice, Clarence Thomas.  Biden did allow some of his Senatorial Colleagues on the Senate Judiciary Committee to rake Anita Hill over the coals.

Biden also found himself embroiled in a scandal years ago for plagiarizing a document or a speech.  This scandal ended up knocking Joe out of the race for the Presidency in some bygone era.  One commentator called the scandal  "Quaint" in comparison to Donald Trump's many more serious scandals.

These days Joe Biden has been identified as a "hair sniffer and hair kisser" by a couple of women, while several women friends of Biden have discounted this as his "touchy feely" friendly attitude which is harmless.  Unlike Donald Trump, who never apologizes, Joe Biden has apologized and will be more careful in the era of the Me Too Movement.  This also seems to be "Quaint" in comparison with Donald Trump who has been identified as a serial sexual predator by many women and who admitted to grabbing women by the "pussy" in the Access Hollywood Tape.

It seems that some people are also getting on board with a story about Biden's son making investments in the Ukraine.  While I don't know much about this story I doubt whether Biden's son is meeting with representatives of Vladimir Putin to get dirt on Donald Trump.  Unless Joe Biden is proved to be the one involved with Ukraine I don't trust that scandal and I think it will pale in comparison with Trump's many and more serious scandals.

Right now I am getting on the Biden Election Train and I am encouraged by recent polls showing that if the election was being held today Biden would beat Trump in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio, among other places.  

I don't see the prospect of other Democratic Candidates for President leaving the Campaign Trail for good any time soon.  I certainly hope that Democrats keep in mind just how important it is to stay United in 2020 and whoever wins the nomination all other Candidates should pledge their strong support for the winner of the 2020 Democratic Nomination.  

Right Now all I can say is Go Joe Biden.  I'm in your corner.


Sincerely Yours

Jerry Gallagher

   

No comments: