Monday, August 8, 2022

Welcome To The Odd And Slightly Unhappy Celebration Of The Second Anniversary Of Podcast For A Lost Nation

 August 8th, 2022


My Dear America:

I feel that I have a lot to explain here.

Let me start with the oddly named title to this present Podcast Episode.  

Yes, I used the word "Unhappy" because of the fact that when I started this Podcast Two years ago this past July 12th I had one purpose in mind.  That purpose was to see a Democrat (Namely Joe Biden) Elected President and following that to see the Previous President, Donald Trump, move out of the White House and down to Florida and never to be heard from again.

Clearly one of my Podcast Purposes has happened.  Joe Biden was elected President in November of 2020.

Unfortunately, my other purpose which was to see the last of Donald Trump did not occur.  Trump, unfortunately tried every way he could to keep himself in the White House including instigating an attempted Coup.  I would have bet a lot of money, if I had it, that once Donald Trump left Washington for Mara Lago that we would have heard the last of Trump.  

I would have lost  a lot of money because the man from Mara Lago has shown and is continuing to show that even though he tried to do what we might have expected a Dictator to do (Namely To Keep Himself In Power Illegally) he still seems to be continuing to maintain a stranglehold on the Republican Party.

Trump Endorsed Election Deniers are presently on the ballot in important Positions in several major state races including Governors Senators and Secretary's of State in Pennsylvania and Arizona.

Donald Trump, who never showed much decency or self restraint before continues to wander around the country whining about how he is the most persecuted Ex President ever and apparently his lies have not caught up with him in the Republican Party.  just this past weekend C-PAC's Straw Poll showed him winning the Presidential Preference Poll by 69 Percent, while his closest challenger. Ron Desantis percentage was in the 20 Percent Range.

Anyway, before I get too far along on this rant I do want to say that I thought that once Joe Biden clearly won the Presidency ( And He Certainly Did) that I could relax and forget about Donald Trump and enjoy the fact that my Scranton Political Brother was in the White House and the Good Life could begin again.

I foolishly thought that Joe Biden's old Friend and Comrade in the Senate, Mitch McConnell would begin to cooperate with his old Democratic buddy and bring his Republican Friends with him.

Well that didn't happen and a lot of other unforeseen things did happen.

Who would have expected Russia to have the gall to invade Ukraine in the horrible and devastating breach of International Respect for Law and Borders that occurred.  

I am still convinced that Putin waited to invade Ukraine because he expected his buddy, Trump to win the election in 2020 and knew that if Trump won that he would have solidly supported Putin in the War with Ukraine.

I sincerely thought that after the Presidential Election in 2020 when Joe Biden won that I would quickly run out of Political Topics to discuss and could move on to other topics that I was interested in like Television, Movies and Books.

But of course that didn't happen.  Donald Trump did not go gently into that South Florida Night and as long as Republicans hang on to him like the Anchor that he is it seems as though we are all engaged in a downward spiral to God Knows What.

So, of course, I see no path at the present time to writing about those lighter and more fun topics that I would really prefer to write about.  Not as long as Donald Trump continues to rampage through Our Democracy like a dangerous Bull in a China Shop.

Unfortunately, the future of the United States looks very dim at the moment and everything the Republican Party does seems to make it look dimmer.

I want to end this rant on a high note.  

I know that most of the people who listen to this Podcast and read my "Letters To A Lost Nation"  Blog Posts are either Relatives or Friends.  To all of you I thank you for sticking with me over the past two years.  

For those other people who have listened in over the past couple of years I genuinely hope that it has been worth your while and that you will stick it out with me for as many years as I can stick it out.  

I appreciate all of you who listen and I promise that I will do my best to keep telling the truth to all of you who will listen in the future.


Sincerely Yours

Jerry Gallagher

  


No comments: