Sunday, July 18, 2021

Happy First Anniversary To Podcast For A Lost Nation

 July 12th, 2021


I recorded the first Episode of "Podcast For A Lost Nation" just about a Year ago in July of 2020, the year of the Covid 19 Pandemic.  

Remember that.  

Our President at the time discouraged people from wearing masks and thanks to him several hundred thousand people died who probably could have been saved.  Oh yes, also President Trump had his own Weird theories on how to deal with Covid 19.  He famously said all that was needed was a little bleach and some light inserted through the rear end of the body.

These and many other insane and reckless lunatic fringe ideas from the mind of Donald Trump that Americans tolerated for four long years pushed me in July of 2020 to think about starting a Podcast.

What finally pushed me over the edge into actual Podcasting was listening to several episodes of Michael Moore's excellent Podcast, "Rumble".  On the episodes I heard Michael Moore encouraging listeners to start their own Podcasts on Spotify.  I listened to his encouragement and checked out the "Anchor" Website which gave instructions on what to do to start a Podcast.  I found out that I had the right equipment already with a good Shure microphone and a "Focusrite" Interface to attach to my computer.

After four years of Madness with Donald Trump in the White House I was terrified in July of 2020 that he might get re-elected.  I wanted to do something other than what I had done in other Presidential Elections in which I volunteered to call Democrats on the phone.  I know those calls do need to be done but I hate making calls to people, who on those few occasions that they answer, get annoyed by your calls.

I thought that with a Podcast if someone got annoyed listening to it that they could turn it off and I would be none the wiser if they were annoyed. 

In 2008 I had begun writing a Blog that I called "Letters To a Lost Nation" and had been continuing to write Blog Posts ever since.  I found that it was rather easy for me to take my Blog Posts and read them off my IPad and record them as Podcasts.

So that's what I have done with "Podcast For A Lost Nation" over the past year. I was hoping that by now in July of 2021 that i might be able to write about something other than Donald Trump and I have, at times, but like a Zombie or a Cat with nine lives, even though Donald Trump was defeated in the November 2020 Election he has only gone to Mara Lago but has not gone out of our lives.

I don't know what was wrong with me to think that after the 2020 Election that Donald Trump would behave like every other losing Candidate in every other American Presidential Election and Congratulate Joe Biden as the winner and leave the scene.  I guess I forgot that for Donald Trump the absolute worst thing in the world is to be a "LOSER."  So after what was clearly a good showing for Donald Trump in November of 2020 Trump simply refused to accept the election outcome and apparently, at least to his own mind, he is still not a loser. 

Trump did lose, however, in an election in which the American people can be proud of the Genuine Integrity of the election.  Despite the disgusting raid on the Capitol by Trump's Goon Squad on January Sixth in which Trump incredibly hoped to prevent the United States Electoral System from working correctly, thanks to Mike Pence and the United States Congress it did work correctly, however and the Congress and Mike Pence did their jobs.  Even Kevin McCarthy and Mitch McConnell did their jobs correctly on January Sixth.  They both condemned Trump and the Capitol Insurgents on the 6th but since that time they have once again, along with most other Republicans in Congress, pledged allegiance not to The United States but to Donald Trump.  

Instead of the vast numbers of Republicans waking up to the reality of how bad Donald Trump really is, it seems as though Trump's Narcissism has spread like a Cancer throughout the Republican Party, not only in Congress but in nearly every State House in America.  

Republicans choose to call their Incredibly Anti Democratic Legislation Voter Integrity Bills.  There is no integrity in these bills that are blatantly meant to disenfranchise Blacks and Young Voters, in particular and Democrats, in general.

I saw two interviews this week with Michael Woolf who has written three books about Donald Trump.  The latest book is called "Landslide" and is about the Final Days of the Trump Administration.  Although many commentators have danced around calling Donald Trump what he is, Michael Woolf was very clear in what he thinks about Donald Trump.

Woolf had the following words to say about Donald Trump:

He is Deranged.

He is A Lunatic.

He is Crazy.

Hats off to Michael Woolf.  You can't get much clearer than that.  

Its just too bad that Donald Trump seems to have made the Republican Party just as crazy as he is.

On this First Anniversary of "Podcast For A Lost Nation" I would like to take a minute to thank you, the listeners of "Podcast For A Lost Nation."  It has been encouraging to me to see how many of you have tuned in to the Podcast.  Unlike many other Podcasts that have production teams and sponsors I don't need or want a production team or sponsorship.  I see nothing wrong with these things but I would prefer to keep things simple.  I thank all of the listeners in the United States and in many other countries throughout the world including Germany, England, Ireland, Canada, Sweden, France and the United Arab Emirates who have tuned in to the Podcast.  I especially thank my friends and the members of my family who have tuned in and on occasion have given me some very valuable feedback.  

Thanks to Mickey, Jon, John and Anita, Larry, Rachel and Dom, Colleen, Laura and Evan and to everyone else who has listened to the Podcast.  

I also want to thank Joe Biden for winning the Presidential Election in November of 2020 and his Cabinet and Staff for showing us all how Government should be and could be done correctly. 

I certainly thank Tom Wolf, Governor of Pennsylvania and Josh Shapiro, Attorney General of Pennsylvania for doing what they can to keep Republican Pennsylvania Legislators under control in our state and helping to keep Democracy alive in Pennsylvania.  

I also thank Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer and their Democratic Colleagues in Congress for all they do in keeping Democracy Alive in the House of Representatives and Senate in Congress and in The United States of America. 

I also want to thank Michael Moore for his enduring dedication to keeping Democracy alive in the United States of America and his inspiration for me to keep striving for Democracy even in the face of tremendous Republican efforts to weaken it or, in fact, kill it.  

Although I would like to see a time when I could relax and enjoy the encouraging progress made by the Biden Administration and look forward to many more years of Responsible Democratic Governing, the frightening changes happening in the Republican Party and the United States of America seem bound to keep me focused on keeping our "Lost Nation" a Democracy.

Finally, I would like to sincerely thank "Anchor" and "Spotify" for providing me the opportunity and the tools to make "Podcast For A Lost Nation" possible at no cost to me.  

I look forward to many more years of Podcasting to come.  Even though this year has been stressful, it has also been rewarding in a lot of ways.

Once again I say to all of you:  "Thanks For Listening."


Sincerely Yours

Jerry Gallagher 



No comments: