Tuesday, October 22, 2013

REVENGE OF THE TURDS - The Government Shutdown and the (Almost) Debt Ceiling Default

October 22nd, 2013



My Dear America:

I apologize to all readers of this Blog for my use of the word "Turds" in the title of this post.  I have made a very conscious effort since I first started this Blog in 2008 to keep the language used in the Blog Postings relatively appropriate.  

I admit to the use of occasional "Hells" and "Damns" at times but other than these rather acceptable curses I have kept it clean.  While some may object to my use of the word "Turd" I must say that President George W. Bush used that word as a term of endearment to Karl Rove and while I don't use the word as a term of endearment toward Ted Cruz and his Right Wing Republican Cohorts I find the term "Turd" much more acceptable than many other terms I could have used.  I thought quite seriously about starting off this posting with every single curse word I could think of and to be honest I was quite amazed at how many I was able to come up with in my mind in a short period of time.  But as I thought about it I realized that I have been responsible regardng my use of language in my Blog for several years now and since some of my relatives including young relatives may read it from time to time I don't wish to shock them or anyone else with my use of inappropriate language.

So, for the moment, I am sticking with Turds which rhymes with Nerds and in my mind is a proper term for Ted Cruz and his sick group of misfits who we now know, if we didn't know before, are willing to sink the American Ship of State in order to further Ted's bizarre and reckless political career.

In the time the U.S. Government was shut down economists estimate that in addition to incredible insensitivity to government workers, who like the rest of us, have to pay bills and feed their families, our enconomy took a 24 Billion Dollar hit.

Any responsible person calling themself a Fiscal Conservative should be able to recognize that a financial hit of that astounding amount, when it didn't need to be done in the first place, is an unforgivable political sin.

Clearly the time has come for reasonable people in both the Republican and Democratic Parties to step up and with some rational debate figure out how to stop these Republican lunatics from spreading their destructive political disease.  While my instincts are to simply call for a Democratic Party Sweep of upcoming elections it seems clear to me that some Republicans will still be elected in gerrymandered districts all over the country.  

I think that all reasonable people should hopefully realize the destructive nature of the so called "Tea Party." I think that it is about time that the more sane elements of the Republican and Democratic Party agree to disagree on some items but not on shutting down the government or screwing around with the debt ceiling.  Let us have no more of this Right Wing nonsense about how fiscally responsible Tea Party members are when they are willing to put our country 24 Billion dollars in the hole for seemingly no good reason.  Speaking of hole that reminds me of Ted Cruz and one of the many curse words that I thought better about using in writing this post.

Let's get smart and get ready to elect some Democrats out in America and get ready to fill the holes left by the Tea Party and their cohorts.


Sincerely Yours

Jerry Gallagher  
  

No comments: