Sunday, August 18, 2024

Singing A Song Of Democracy Dedicated To Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Tim Walz And Those Other Democratic All Stars Who Will Make This Week's Democratic Convention Spectacular

 Sunday, August 18th, 2024


My Dear America:

It was many years ago that I wrote the first lyrics to "I'm A Democrat Til I Die." I wrote it and sang it in my area of the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania with the hope that it might help get John Kerry Elected President.

Unfortunately the few times that I got to sing my song at local Democratic events had very little effect on the John Kerry Campaign.  

Republicans unfortunately invented "Swiftboating" and managed to turn John Kerry from a War Hero, which he was, into a War Zero, which he wasn't.

I remember recording a version of my song with my Buddy, Larry, who I have been singing with for what seems like several lifetimes now.  It was a pretty good recording, I thought, done by my friend Bob, who really knew his way around recording and music.  

Larry and I also recorded a You Tube Video of a version of "I'm a Democrat" with updated lyrics praising Hillary Clinton and Slamming Donald Dump during the 2016 Campaign.  Unfortunately my song didn't do Hillary any good either.  

Luckily for me I did have some success in writing updated versions of my song for Barack Obama and Joe Biden's Campaign.  I never got many chances to sing the Obama and Biden versions of my song so I can't really claim that my song brought these two Candidates success but my intentions were good, however.

Certainly this week's Democratic Convention appears to be destined to be a Joyful and Hopeful Experience.  Although what happened to Joe Biden prior to the Convention was pretty terrible, what we have all seen since Joe Dropped Out and Kamala Dropped In has certainly indicated that President Biden did the right thing at the right time and will be forever remembered as a Shining Light in the Democratic Party for all he has not only accomplished over the past 3 and a half years but all that he has accomplished in his life, so far.  

Democrats will always love Joe Biden and on Monday night at the Convention President Biden will be honored like no other Democrat has been honored before.

Democrats are on fire for this Democratic Convention and this Democratic Campaign.  As we turn our attention toward the most important Democratic Convention of our lives I want to throw my two cents in by presenting my song on this Blog and also sing a version of it on my Podcast.

To be honest, I had not thought about singing the song on the Podcast but my Musician Friends, Larry and Dave encouraged me to do it.

I have to admit that I have borrowed the tune from a song that I heard Ry Cooder sing on one of his albums called "I'm a Methodist Til I Die".

So Here Goes:


                                        I'm A Democrat Til I Die

                                                     (Chorus)

                      I'm a Democrat, I'm A Democrat, I'm A Democrat Til I Die

                             I'm a Democrat, I'm a Democrat Til I Die

                        JFK And Jimmy C.  Barack Obama, Bill and Hillary

                              I'm a Democrat I'm a Democrat Til I die


                                                     (1)

                       I Never Voted For a Republican For President

                              And I Really Don't Think I Ever Will

                      I'd Rather Vote For a Democrat For President

                       They Care About People And they Always Will

                          

                                               Chorus

                                                   (2)

                       Joe Biden Was Our President For Four Years 

                      He Did a Good Job up until that Damn Debate

                             He Helped us get through Covid

                            His Job Numbers they were Great

                He even got the Hostages Home From The Russian State


                                               Chorus

                                                  (3)

                      Kamala Harris is our Candidate for President

                                    In November of 2024

                                 She's Beautiful and Brilliant

                                    We Think She's great

                  We Democrats Couldn't Really Love Her Any More


                                              Chorus

                                                (4)

                  Tim Walz Accomplished A Lot in his Life, so far

                  Teacher, Coach, Sergeant Major, Congressman

                   Governor of Minnesota, Dad and Husband Too

             When He's vice President He will know Just What To Do

                               Repeat Chorus Twice


                   Have a Great Convention Democrats


Sincerely Yours

Jerry Gallagher

No comments: