Friday, November 11, 2016

Hard Times for Democrats

November 11th, 2016


My Dear America:

How are you holding up, America.  I, like millions of other Americans, am having a hard time waking up every day to the harsh Nightmare Reality of recognizing that in January of 2017 we are going to have Donald Trump as our President.

For my Friends, My Wife, Daughters and Fellow Democrats we are still in shock. My anger has begun to subside largely due to the decent and democratic behavior on the part of Hillary Clinton, President Obama and yes, Amazingly enough, Donald Trump.  

After the extremely troubling behavior exhibited by Trump over the course of his Primary Campaign and his Race with Hillary Clinton it was astonishing to hear his rather gracious acceptance speech.  It was also encouraging to hear Hillary's gracious concession speech.

Yesterday President Elect Trump met with President Obama and after a long and bitterly divided Election Campaign both Trump and Obama met in the Oval Office and after a long meeting sat together and talked with hardly a hint of bitterness in their remarks.

Will the Kumbaya moment last.

I hope so but I am afraid that once Trump takes over the White House it is going to be the continuation of some very hard times for Democrats of all colors, religions and genders.

God Bless us all, America. 


Sincerely Yours

Jerry Gallagher

No comments: